"Loving our neighbours of another religion"
Hosted, free of charge, at BCC, the seminar will be run and presented by Kim Gustafson. Kim has a unique pedigree when it comes to working with people of a Muslim background, with nearly 40 years living and working within the Middle East. He runs workshops around the world, providing a fascinating insight while equipping Christ followers to effectively and lovingly communicate Jesus and His Kingdom. Our goal for the seminar is to help equip those interested in communicating the gospel more effectively – especially to friends, colleagues and neighbours of differing religions.
While much of the material may focus on those of a Muslim background, the principles themselves can apply to many cross-cultural settings where evangelism and discipleship are taking place.
Some of the areas we hope to cover include:
- Understanding the values and forces that are driving other cultures and religions?
- What are the areas of common ground – For example, did you know that in the Qur’an Jesus is called the Word of God, the Spirit of God, the Messiah and is the only person who is called sinless?
- How we can build lasting relationships that will lead us to be able to study and discuss truths about Jesus found in the Qur’an and in the Bible?
- Overcoming your fears and growing in confidence in your communications with people of other faiths.
- There will also be opportunity for Q&A.
Please RSVP to [email protected] so that we can cater for refreshments.
In addition to the 3 hour workshop on Saturday morning, we are also offering two further opportunities where you can dig a bit deeper with Kim and the team.
- Firstly, you can drop-in to the BCC cafe on Friday afternoon from 12:30 - 14:30, to enjoy some complimentary refreshments and meet with the team on an informal basis. You can find out more about their work and ask questions.
- Secondly, on Saturday afternoon, after the morning workshop has finished, the team will be around for a few hours to delve a bit deeper, give more practical advice and answer any questions you may have.
We really encourage you to make every effort to try and attend at least one of the sessions. We promise you will leave more equipped to reach someone for Jesus!
Saturday 28th April - 09:30 – 12:30 - Main Workshop and seminar
Friday 27th April - 12:30 - 14:30 - Drop in cafe for informal chat
Saturday 28th April - 12:30 - 15:30 - Optional extra sessions with Kim and team
BCC, 2 Masons Hill, Bromley, BR2 9HA